Pledge of Professionalism
ASMC members are expected to follow the Pledge of Professionalism:
- Be guided in all activities by loyalty to the highest principles always remembering that public office is a public trust.
- Refrain from activities which are in conflict with the public interest or are discreditable to the Society, and to avoid activities which create the appearance of such conflict.
- Exercise diligence, objectivity and integrity in professional activities, ever aware of the responsibility to eliminate improprieties.
- Refrain from the transmission or usage, for personal gain or advantage, of information obtained in the professional environment.
- Carefully earn and continuously protect my reputation for good moral character in comptrollership.
- Recognize that professional example will influence associates and efficiency.
- Recommend and initiate methods to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Continuously strive to increase my professional knowledge and skills to improve service and value to associates and the Society.
- Extend the same consideration to the rights and interests of others that I seek for myself.
- Respect the professionalism of fellow-members and work with them to promote the goals and programs of the Society