ASMC Membership Benefits
An ASMC membership allows you to:
- Gain insight into information on current trends and developments in the financial management of the Department of Defense and U.S. Coast Guard.
- Receive a subscription to the Armed Forces Comptroller, the quarterly professional journal of the ASMC, and the ASMC Connection, the monthly e-newsletter. These publications, as well as the ASMC website, contain articles, organizational news and updates on current trends and developments within the financial management community and the ASMC.
- Receive discounts for registration at the national Professional Development Institute, a three-day educational event that provides valuable CPE and networking opportunities.
- Have access to online educational opportunities, where members can participate at their own pace, start and stop sessions, and download presentations.
- Join in one of the more than 140 chapters worldwide. Chapter benefits could include monthly luncheons, local education activities, chapter publications, philanthropic endeavors and more.
- Receive discounts on Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) Program training textbooks, enrollment, and recertification. The CDFM is one of the DoD-approved Test-Based Certifications recommended for Certification Levels 2 and 3 of the DoD FM Certification Program.
- Have the opportunity to participate in the National Awards Program. This program includes achievement awards, an essay contest, corporate member award, members' continuing education grants, high school scholarships and many chapter program awards.
- Gain access to the CPE management tool, which allows members to manage, track and record their continuing education experience.
- Have an opportunity to demonstrate leadership as a chapter officer or committee member.
- Network with military comptrollers and financial managers and other business organizations interested in military comptrollership.
Affinity Benefits Include:
Pentagon Federal Credit Union
PenFed is proud to partner with the American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) to offer superior financial service products at superior rates. As a member of ASMC, you and your family are eligible for PenFed membership giving you exclusive access to award-winning products and services.
Opening a PenFed account will directly support ASMC in pursuit of its mission. Choose any award winning ASMC branded credit card or take advantage of competitive rates on savings products.
Support ASMC with PenFed today!
*Federally insured by NCUA
Thanks to a special arrangement with GEICO, you can save even more on all your insurance needs simply because you’re a member of ASMC. Use the online quote generator or call GEICO at 1-800-368-2734 and mention your ASMC affiliation for exclusive savings.
University of Phoenix Online
ASMC is pleased to announce a member benefit. Members who meet University of Phoenix student qualifications may now receive a significant discount on tuition. For more information or to register, call 800-366-9699, ext. 7131287 and ask to be transferred to the military team, and identify yourself as an ASMC member. For more information, contact: Gary D. Harrah, M.A., M.B.A., USAF Retired National Director, Military and Veteran Partnerships phone (602) 713-1287 toll-free (800) 366-9699 ext. 7131287. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Becker Professional Education
Becker will provide the discounted rate of $1930 for CPA Exam Review full four-part course to ASMC members who are federal employees or a $300 discount off the list price of $2,890 for all other ASMC Members who are not federal employees (discounts cannot be combined). Becker will provide all ASMC members the rate of $350 per person per year for any ASMC sponsored direct bill CPE Distance Learning Unlimited Use Subscription program. Course content can be found at https://cpe.becker.com. (Discounts cannot be combined). (Example of a combined discount: Belonging to multiple societies offering Becker discounts.) Visit the Becker Web site for more information.
Do you like the sound of our organization? Do you want to become a member of the Cleveland Chapter? Click on the link below to join ASMC now!
If you have questions, please click on the links in the menu on the left or contact ASMC Cleveland VP of Membership, Lillian Powell, at email@example.com.