Joining ASMC is an investment in yourself, your professional development and your career. As an ASMC member, you become connected to a global community of defense resource management personnel. Regardless of where you are in your career, your ASMC membership offers many paths and opportunities to learn from and interact with your colleagues in ways that will help you meet your professional goals. With your membership, you:
- Gain insight into information on current trends and development in the financial management of the Department of Defense and U.S. Coast Guard.
- Receive a subscription to the Armed Forces Comptroller, the quarterly professional journal of the ASMC, and the ASMC Connection, the monthly e-newsletter. These publications, as well as the ASMC website, contain articles, organizational news, and updates on current trends and developments within the financial management community and the ASMC.
- Obtain access to Engage, a networking platform which allows chapter members to collaborate with each other on subject areas of interest and enables Chapter Officers to communicate with members regarding chapter events and activities. Engage enriches communication regarding the defense financial management profession and enhances professional development opportunities.
- Receive discounts for registration at the National Professional Development Institute (PDI), a three-day educational event that provides valuable CPE and networking opportunities.
- Have access to online educational opportunities, where members can participate at their own pace, start and stop sessions, and download presentations.
- Join one of our more than 140 chapters worldwide. Chapter benefits could include monthly luncheons, local education activities, chapter publications, philanthropic endeavors and more.
- Receive discounts on Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) Program training textbooks, enrollment, and recertification. The CDFM is one of the DoD-approved Test-Based Certifications recommended for Certification Levels 2 and 3 of the DoD FM Certification Program.
- Have the opportunity to participate in the National Awards Program. This program includes achievement awards, an essay contest, corporate member award, members' continuing education grants, high school scholarships, and many chapter program awards.
- Gain access to the CPE management tool, which allows members to manage, track and record their continuing education experience.
- Have an opportunity to demonstrate leadership as a chapter officer or committee member.
- Network with military comptrollers/financial managers and other business organization interested in military comptrollership.
For more information, please click on the links in the menu on the left or contact ASMC Cleveland VP of Membership, Lillian Powell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.