ASMC strongly supports the Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) Certification. Please read below for information pertaining to the CDFM and how you may become certified. If you have any questions about the CDFM, you may find an answer on the FAQ page or in the attachment below.
In order to sit for the CDFM exams, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Adhere to the ASMC Pledge of Professionalism
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have completed the required years of financial management experience:
- Complete three years of defense-related financial management experience (without degree), OR
- Complete two years of defense-related financial management experience if the candidate holds an associate degree or higher, OR
- If no defense related financial management experience, then complete four years of federal government-related financial management experience (with an associate degree or higher).
Once you have passed all examinations, you will receive your CDFM certification. To learn more and enroll click here.
As of 12/7/2017
CDFM Frequently Asked Questions 2017.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [235.8 KB]
By Toney Williams
Microsoft Power Point presentation [326.9 KB]
CDFM On-Site Training
Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course
December 11, 2017 - December 15, 2017
Open to all DFAS Employees
CDFM On-Site Testing
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018, the CDFM committee will be hosting an on-site group exam for Module 1 of the Certified Defense Financial Manager Exam. If you are an ASMC member and interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, please email Jason Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) by COB Wednesday, December 13, 2017! See above for some FAQs on the CDFM Certification. Please let Jason know if you have any questions. If you have previously e-mailed Jason about your interest in this exam, you do not need to respond to this e-mail.
Seats are limited! Sign up TODAY!
ASMC CDFM Committee.
CDFM and CDFM-A Members
The following members achieved their CDFM and/or CDFM-A within the last year:
John Frye, CDFM
Sean Hannigan, CDFM
Heather Angle, CDFM
Bradford Johnson, CDFM
Jonathan Niknam, CDFM